Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 3:08:07 PM EDT
I'm not really setting out to build a gun for its own sake, only to, perhaps, save some money and, mainly, to get what I perceive to be the best mix of parts to construct a good rifle.  To this end, I decided on a complete RRA lower w/ NM trigger, which I can get for around $300.

My quandry though, is which upper I should buy?  I'm thinking about BM or Colt, but I want a 20" A2 style in a "no ban" configuration.  Where should I go to buy one and should I buy complete, or buy one w/o bolt carrier, etc.  and put in my own (better) parts?  Obviously, I'm not building from scratch but just doing some assembly.  Anyone have suggestions about how I should go about this and who I should be buying from?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bushmaster 20" government profile is a nice setup, seen here.
It's listed as pre-ban, but I'm sure you could order it in no-ban configuration.
Bushmaster can build you a complete upper if you desire, it may take a while as Bushmaster seems to be a tad behind these days, then again it may be on the shelf ready to go out the door.....

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top