Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 12:23:06 PM EDT
I am thinking about my next build: a long range precision target rifle. I do not have the tools or expertise (yet) to build my upper from scratch. So I am currently limited to buying a complete upper. I am considering a RRA EOP Varminter, or possibly a Bushmaster Varminter or V Match. Does anyone have experience with with this RRA upper configuration in terms of fitting optics to it? It seems like a better solution than Bushmaster's. Also, am I correct in understanding that the 1/8 twist on the .223 Wylde RRA will outperform the 1/9 twist 5.56 BM with the heavier bullets? The weight of the weapon is not an issue; I could care less about the fluting. Is there an overwhelming advantage to 24" vs. 20"?

Finally, there is the possibility of adding a suppressor in the future. Should I have the muzzle threaded? I seem to recall a different type of flash suppressor on a few SPR builds I have seen, any info would be appreciated.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top