Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:10:27 AM EDT
Im building my own ar and have everything now but the barrel.   I want to put a nice barrel on my rifle but are the fulton armory barrels worth $250 they're asking?  What I mean is, will it shoot that much better that a  $150 barrel from rock river, or model 1 sales, etc?  Im going to free float the barrel, and I would like some opinions.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure whose barrel blanks Fulton uses on their AR's although I know Kriegers are an option. If I had to guess, I'd say Wilson or Douglas. That said, if you're wondering if a Fulton barrel will shoot $100 better than say a RRA barrel, probably not. RRA uses Wilson barrels which along with Douglas are pretty much one notch down from the Kriegers, Oberlands, etc. Even with the most expensive Krieger barrel, unless you are a very good shooter, chances are you won't notice much of a difference between a good Wilson or Douglas. With firearms, as well as almost anything, if you pay twice as much, expect less than twice the quality.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top