Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:59 PM EDT
I would like to put a muzzle brake on my RRA varminter.  Is this possible...who could turn my barrel down and thread it.  Also, if this is possible who makes the most efficient and effective brake?  Even if it is not possible to do to my RRA varminter, I would still like to know who makes the best brake because I can put it on another gun.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Best is probably from JP Enterprises. You're gonna be unpopular at the range though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I know they're loud as all get out, but I shot a guys AR today that had a nice brake on it and there was absolutely no "kick."  I don't think the .223 really kicks, but I do think a brake on my varminter would be nice for quick and accurate follow ups.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for JP.     I have the BC brake, and it's great. I'm sure their JP model is even better.  I haven't shot too many others to compare, but I'm happy.

www.jprifles.com

rvb
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mini-Y if you dont mind the blast. It's a HOOT on a 7.5" running Full-auto.

I screwed it on my heavy barreled 22-250 bolt gun, and the thing had less bump than a 22LR.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies....but does anybody know who can turn my barrel down and thread it properly?  What should this work run me?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
why are you guys getting compensators/muzzle brakes for a .223/5.56x45 rifle???

There's zero recoil from the AR-15. I could shoot it full-auto and not have a splitting headache after 300+ rounds.

My Vepr K (7.62x39) will give me shoulder and neck pains along with a migraine after 60 rd of single shot firing (one every 10-15 seconds).
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies....but does anybody know who can turn my barrel down and thread it properly?  What should this work run me?

Any qualified machinist with a lathe and maybe $50.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
why are you guys getting compensators/muzzle brakes for a .223/5.56x45 rifle???

There's zero recoil from the AR-15. I could shoot it full-auto and not have a splitting headache after 300+ rounds.

I agree that the recoil of the .223 is negligible, but if you read my post above you would know that I want one to put on a heavy varmint upper in order to make quick and accurate follow up shots.  I was never a big believer in muzzle brakes until I shot a members Bennie Cooley equipped rifle.

Thanks for the replies
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top