Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:53:03 PM EDT
Any other dealers out there sell the Oly Arms FIRSH?

Oly Arms has the carbine tube for $99.  Anyone with a better price?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
FAC has the carbine for $90. I bought a rifle and one of the long carbine FIRSH tubes from them and have been pleased with the system.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some experience with the FIRSH and would advise against it. I and my friend have used it (on his rifle) and find that Daniel Defense and Knights Armament Corporation products are of much higher quality. Much more expensive though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have some experience with the FIRSH and would advise against it.

I'm very interested in what real world problems you had with it.  Please post or PM me with your experiences.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Large, heavy. My  friend tells me that some accesories don't mount right. He is not confident in the attachment either. It also doesn't have the airflow of the other systems, to cool the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting, I've not seen any of those problems aside from wide and heavy.  Airflow is better than regular handguards, and the attachment is solid if you are even a little competent.  I don't doubt you, but I wish your friend was posting so I could get accurate info.  Big and heavy....yes, but they take a good beating without any problems I've seen.

Let me know if you hear anything else, I don't run it on my primary carbine, but I run one on one of my mule guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll ask him. He's my buddy that used to work down at OAI.

Also, my opinion is that the rail panels for the FIRSH suck. I dont like ladders, and the other ones are massive. I like KAC, but those wont work on it.

My buddy has a turtle on qualudes internet connection.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, those same rail panels are used by loads of companies, they are pretty generic.  I have pretty huge hands, so they don't bother me much.  I've got a few KAC panels laying around that I was given, but I'm stuck using ladders for awhile because of some other issues.

Don't tell me his name is Curt/ Kurt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Curt Blazier? No. Curt is sales.

My buddy was cutting barrels there for a while.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top