Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:54:55 AM EDT
I was reading some posts about Model 1 Sales stuff.So far, I have'nt had any problems with the function of the upper.The trigger is a little stiff and will probably put in lighter springs to take care of htat.How can I tell if the barrel can handle a 5.56 round.The rep. said thier kits are sent out in 5.56 unlesss you request a .223.I ordered the 16" pre-ban CAR kit and seems to work good with the .223 but I was wanting to try some NATO 5.56 rounds but wanted to make sure the barrel can take the pressure.Any suggestions?Help?

Ken

The difference between indifference and ignorance is I dont know and I dont care.LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Peapole read to much into this. I shoot 5.56mm in my .223 all the time, no problem whatsoever. they'll tell you that you got a 5.56mm chamber if that is what you want to hear, but you'll never know the difference any ways. I suspect this is why M1S does not mark any of there barrels.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Peapole read to much into this. I shoot 5.56mm in my .223 all the time, no problem whatsoever.

+1.  People make WAY to much fuss over this.  I have done this many, many times.... but I will say you can get a higher percentage of popped primers from the increased pressure.  That being said, if you KNOW you want a good quality, chrome lined, 5.56 chamber.... thats what you should specifically order.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I called M1S after receiving one of their kits and asked this question about my barrel.  The guy on the phone told me the opposite.  You get a .223 barrel UNLESS you specify 5.56mm.  I had not specified either way.  He looked up my order and saw that I had specified a chrome lined barrel.  He told me that all chrome barrels had a 5.56mm chamber.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I called when I ordered a barrel form them and the guy onthe phone said that is was a 5.56mm chamber UNLESS you request a .223 chamber.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll find that M1S often has no f'ing idea what they're talking about, and you'll get two different - and completely contradictory - answers from them.

Try asking what steel their barrels are made from. :)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You'll find that M1S often has no f'ing idea what they're talking about, and you'll get two different - and completely contradictory - answers from them.

Try asking what steel their barrels are made from. :)

You know, its not nice to confuse the ignorant
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Peapole read to much into this. I shoot 5.56mm in my .223 all the time, no problem whatsoever.

+1.  People make WAY to much fuss over this.  I have done this many, many times.... but I will say you can get a higher percentage of popped primers from the increased pressure.  That being said, if you KNOW you want a good quality, chrome lined, 5.56 chamber.... thats what you should specifically order.

+1 for that. I have shot literally thousands of 5.56 through a .223- 0 problems.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#8]
My colt match target MT6601 barrel says 5.56 nato and the owners manual says it's chanbered in .223
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top