Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2004 2:36:21 PM EDT
Ok here's the deal. I'll be getting a complete upper pretty soon. I want chrome lining, reliability over accuracy and I probably won't add optics. I already have an Ameetec lower and have ordered a RRA LPK, Hogue grip and RRA M4 buttstock.

Here are the 2 uppers I'm considering:

From Adco: RRA M4 A3 style upper with detachable carrying handle and chrome lined barrel. Price $519.78 plus $4 shipping.

From CMMG: M4 A2 style upper with chrome lined barrel. Price $499 plus $10 shipping.

What I see as the pros for RRA: Great quality, A3 upper just in case I change my mind about the optics although I doubt I will, keeping the gun all RRA minus the receiver.

Cons for RRA is no A2 upper style available (that's not really much of a con, but it would save some money)

What I see the pros for CMMG is oustanding quality according to searchs I've done on this board, A2 style upper and slightly cheaper than the RRA(understandable as it is an A2 )

Cons for CMMG is that an A3 is available for the same price but comes without the carrying handle which would add about $100 more to the $499 price.

I know they're both good choices, but what do you guys think? Am I missing some other better ideas?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
well i will give my 2 cents.
i would go with the CMMG, i have a CMMG, Mousegun here on the boards has a RRA, it is fine upper. i dont think you can go wrong with it if you decide on it.  but i prefer CMMG.  i have shot both. cleaned both. my M4 has been shoot close to 3k rounds, of every thing.  i have let close to 30 differnt people shoot my m4. it has never jamed on any person, it has functiond flawless. it is used hard once a month at our AR shoots. we meet once a month  at MODCC and i bet its close to 300 rounds a trip, rapid fire. i have seen A CMMG gun run dry,  i mean nohing on it. it functiond great. ask Dukenukem it was his. he shot so  much got it white/hot.  i mean its a ! & 7 twist,  Chrome line, M4 feedraps, its great . there the  perfect. i want a 14.5 with a phantom next.
pros of CMMG
1.cost its hard to beat the cost
2.chrome line
3. best customer service known to man.  
4. feeds anything i have never seen it hickup.
5.quality. i would rank it the best barell i have ever had. even better than my colt. i have 5 ars now, i have had up to 12, the onlyt think i have kept is my colt and my CMMG stuff,
im sure there mre good reasons but im drawing a blank.

also remember that CMMG i bet has there stuff in stock, i wonder if you will be so lucky with RRA, you might. i dont know

i hope it helps.
you might email Dukenukem also.
Ronald
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input. I'm definetely leaning towards CMMG. What about this E.G.R.E.S.S. upgrade, is it worth while? It's only $25.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The EGRESS certainly couldn't hurt CMMG are great guys to deal with give them a call you won't be sorry!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top