Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 6:28:23 PM EDT
How old do you have to be to pick up a stripped lower from the FFL. My guess would be 17. Also if you went to a gun show and found a lower, your age doesnt matter does it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got to be 18 to buy any kind of firearm in the US, and that includes stripped lowers. Some states have further restrictions on ARs. I know in MD they're treated like handguns, which means you have to be 21.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Your age dont matter if you and the person selling you the lower wont to go to jail. You have to be 18 to buy a rifle and rifle ammo. 21 for handgun and handgun ammo. The ones in Washington wont to make laws to stop gun shows dont give them the ammo to make the law.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Alrighty Ill just have my dad pick up my lower :x
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Alrighty Ill just have my dad pick up my lower :x

then you can borrow it from him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your age dont matter if you and the person selling you the lower wont to go to jail. You have to be 18 to buy a rifle and rifle ammo. 21 for handgun and handgun ammo. The ones in Washington wont to make laws to stop gun shows dont give them the ammo to make the law.

you know we don't have to treat younger shooters like shit. they will be the ones fighting for our gun rights in the future. he asked because he didn't know and DIDN'T want to give the ones in Washington more ammo to make the law. fearxile get your dad to buy it now and have him officially give it to you when you're 18.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top