Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:45:38 AM EDT
Especially now. Even if it was before the AWB sunset, what kind of idiot would take off a comfortable pistol grip, put this piece of shit on just so you could have a bayonet lug.

Look here.

www.fabten.com/whats_new.htm
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, there are some people who are stuck in states that still have STATE assault weapons bans.  They might be able to use this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they are only allowed to have 1 bullet, and they have to go stab the target.  hehe go Barney Fife...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
thats actually a pretty interesting item.....

before teh ban ended, there were guys that did shit similiar to that, but not as good
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Caifornia. Before the fed ban ended, I was thinking about making my own FAB-30.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, there ad in the SGN says "Non-California owners" so I guess this piece of crap is aimed at everybody else. It seems that is supposed to be attractive to people with post-ban rifles that wanted to add a bayonet lug or flash hider. My question was who would want a bayonet lug so bad that they would use what appears to be an extremely uncomfortable grip, if you could even call that weird hunk of metal a grip. The weird thing is that they're still offering it even though there is no ban.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, there ad in the SGN says "Non-California owners" so I guess this piece of crap is aimed at everybody else. It seems that is supposed to be attractive to people with post-ban rifles that wanted to add a bayonet lug or flash hider. My question was who would want a bayonet lug so bad that they would use what appears to be an extremely uncomfortable grip, if you could even call that weird hunk of metal a grip. The weird thing is that they're still offering it even though there is no ban.

If you actually READ the ad, the "non-california owner" was only in regards to their special pistol grip replacement that will enable you to have another evil feature.  Obviously that no longer matters anymore.  Otherwise i bet 99% of all FAB10s are sold to California.

FAB10 is the only California legal AR type besides the semi shots.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you actually READ the ad, the "non-california owner" was only in regards to their special pistol grip replacement that will enable you to have another evil feature.  Obviously that no longer matters anymore.  Otherwise i bet 99% of all FAB10s are sold to California.

FAB10 is the only California legal AR type besides the semi shots.  

Uhhhh...I did READ the ad, you didn't READ my post.  I was talking about the stupid assed pistol grip alternative. I understand the Fab10 thing with Kalifornia. I wasn't talking about that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A telestock would probably be the main reason to switch to this grip.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I see what it's purpose is supposed to be, what's weird is without actually feeling this "grip" it seems really awkward and uncomfortable and I can't imagine wanting a tele stock, bayonet or flash hider enough to be stuck with that crap grip. I know they're pointless now. They are still trying to sell them though for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

they're pointless now. They are still trying to sell them though for some reason.

For when AZ gets their own Ban ................
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
That thing looks really awkward.  I know the P90 uses a similar style of grip but it seems a lot more ergonomic than that thing.  I'll keep waiting for someone to make a synthetic thumbhole stock that serves the purpose of both the grip and stock.  I'd love to see Magpul design one considering what they've done so far with their modular grip concept.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]
WTF was that!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually find the idea somewhat attractive, being that you could make an extremely low profile rifle or pistol.  Something that with fold down sights could be hidden in a tube but ready for use ASAP.  
Has anyone actually handled one?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]

I've seen in Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I got one.  The owner sent it to me when he was first starting out.  I actually just wanted his fake flash suppressor because I had a pre ban barrel.   He got behind, so when I called to see where my order was, he sent me the fake flash suppressor the bayonet lug blocker the collapsable stock blocker and the grip for free.  I put the grip on just for the fun of it. Never fired it.  It is not as uncomfortable as you might think.  Not saying it is comfortable because it was not.  But  I could not think of a reason why I would want to fire my rifle with it on it.  I think it is in my shop somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]
It makes me wonder why a pistol grip on a rifle is so evil.  How in the world did some politician come to the notion that a combination of a pistol grip, collapsable stock, flash hider and bayo lug make a rifle so much more dangerous then a rifle without these features.  If you ask me it is a whole lot safer to shoot a rifle with a pistol grip then to use some POS grip made out of a piece of glorified 1/4" dowel rod, yet the BATF approves it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats like seeing someone with their brain hanging out of thier skull, it just kind of makes you sick to your stomach.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Z-M Weapons used to sell something like that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it's
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think it's rebelrockrunners.org/andrew/mbp/rainbow.gif

Sorry, but I think you may have to translate that for the rest of the guys here.

They are quite conservative and may have a whole different idea about which 'rainbow coalition' you are alluding to.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top