Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:43:29 AM EDT
I have a Model 1 Sales Hbar upper and would like to put a rifle length forearm on it with a folding front sight.  I would like to use the one made by Yankee Hill that is also a gas block.  My barrel diameter after the FSB steps down about .030".  I am wondering if that will keep me from using a clamp on FSB.  Any ideas, or has anyone used a M1S upper with this setup?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't be a problem to use the YHM front sight/gas block with your HBAR barrel.  The HBAR designation means heavy barrel under the handguard but no change to barrel diameter under the front sight base.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The only thing that I am concerned about is that the barrel steps down to a slightly smaller size after the FSB (toward the muzzle)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top