Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 1:32:10 PM EDT
Hi all,
 I am glad to be coming back to the dark side.  The short version is I had to sell my previous Pre-Ban HBAR.  But the good news is I am now able to return at a great time.  My dilemma is this rifle is going to have to serve double duty for at least a year.  It will be a Varmit/Preditor rifle as well as just all around fun tactical gun.  Most of the varmints we shoot tend to be out around the 150-300 yd range.  I am looking at these to top end kits from J&T what do you all think.

Option 1: is the Car 16 with these options (all on the pre-ban of coarse)
Chrome Lined + 50.00
Free float hand guard + 30.00
And 6 position m-4 stock + 20.00 (getting the good stock while the getting is good)

Total is 559.00

Option 2:
BBK w/20" high rise tactical upper
Bi-pod stud + 12.00

Total 551.00

I will be putting this on a RRA lower.  If I go with option 2 I may eventually put a JP Bennie Cooley Brake on it.

Thank you in advance

Matt
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you'd find a much better bargain on the EE, and I'd stay away from the hi-rise upper. I also dont care for plain FF tubes. My .02.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Option #1.  No question.

If you did opt for #2, I stay away from bastardized upper receivers.  Get a standard flat top receiver, then build on that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks fo all the info that was the way I was leaning, just second guessing myself , as it as been a long time since I haveplayed with long guns.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top