Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 11:59:39 AM EDT
I've got a couple of very nice Ameetec lowers that I now need to build.

I've read enough complaints about Model 1 Sales' service, to be uncomfortable dealing with them.

Who else sells complete kits at decent prices?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
J&T Distrib
M&A Parts
ADCO

there are many, many more...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
M1sales
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
M1sales

Uhhh, did you miss the part where I said I wasn't comfortable dealing with them? ;)

Of the others mentioned, anyone care to share good/bad experience?  Anyone I should stay away from, or that should be one of my first considerations?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
We sell them. See our lousy website at http://www.m-aparts.com

The website will dramaticaly improve shortly, the quick shipping, parts quality, and our surly demeanor will remain the same.

Doc @ M&A Parts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
try del-ton.com,  they will put together a full set minus stripped receiver.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
ADCO
Eagle Firearms
RB Precision

I've dealt with all three of these companies, on more than one occasion and have had 100% service from them.  Check their feedback on the EE.  If you contact them, I'm sure they would be more than happy to set you up with a complete name brand kit for not much more than no-name kits from elsewhere.  Not only that, but they will back up their produce and make it right if anything goes wrong.  That's more than I can say for some of these "kit merchants"...  Plus, they are all board supporters!

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Two thumbs up for J&T/DoubleStar. We use their kits and their lowers.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
M&A Parts is hard to beat for a budget AR. I found their quality to be very good.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ADCO
Eagle Firearms
RB Precision

I've dealt with all three of these companies, on more than one occasion and have had 100% service from them.  Check their feedback on the EE.  If you contact them, I'm sure they would be more than happy to set you up with a complete name brand kit for not much more than no-name kits from elsewhere.  Not only that, but they will back up their produce and make it right if anything goes wrong.  That's more than I can say for some of these "kit merchants"...  Plus, they are all board supporters!

YMMV

Cool, I'm very familiar with Eagle, I've just never seen full kits listed on their website.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Call them and tell them what you want to do.  The only difference in a kit and "just parts" is that a kit is put together "on paper", meaning that someone just says: this upper plus this barrel plus this stock plus this LPK for $XXX.  There's no reason you couldn't source together everything you need to make a lower into a working AR.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Call them and tell them what you want to do.  The only difference in a kit and "just parts" is that a kit is put together "on paper", meaning that someone just says: this upper plus this barrel plus this stock plus this LPK for $XXX.  There's no reason you couldn't source together everything you need to make a lower into a working AR.  

Same as long as they will barrel the upper for you that is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]

There's no reason you couldn't source together everything you need to make a lower into a working AR.  

I know that, but I also want the convenience of having everything on hand for my first build, and not discovering that I failed to purchase a necessary part somewhere along the way, and need to wait till it's ordered to finish.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I was considering 2 different options. One was a Model 1 Sales, it's somewhat cheaper, but I've also become a little skeptical, and the other was a RRA Lpk and a RRA M4 stock from Eagle with a complete A3 RRA M4 upper with the carrying handle from ADCO. I'm also going to be building this on a Ameetec lower. I figured the total price at about $750. Not bad for a complete A3 style, chrome lined RRA M4 on a Ameetec lower. A Model 1kit configured like this would be near $700.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#14]
According to what I got for a reply from Model1Sales was, as like most since the AWB was droped, they got a TON of orders, and processing is taking awhile, if you do I suggest you call them and get overnight.  I live in NH and it cost me $56.00 to have the whole C.A.r. kit shipped here - and it came like 22 hours later.

Good luck with ya build
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Two thumbs up for J&T/DoubleStar. We use their kits and their lowers.

r/s

Dan

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
According to what I got for a reply from Model1Sales was, as like most since the AWB was droped, they got a TON of orders, and processing is taking awhile, if you do I suggest you call them and get overnight.  I live in NH and it cost me $56.00 to have the whole C.A.r. kit shipped here - and it came like 22 hours later.

Good luck with ya build
hr

Where in NH?  I'm originally from Hancock. I'm kind of hoping that the post AWB-sunset rush has slowed down a little...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#17]
When you request a special or custom 'kit' from these places, do they generally adjust the price somewhat, so that it's a little cheaper than buying them all individually yourself, or is the price about the same but no charge for assembly of the upper, or do you get charged full price *plus* an assembly fee?  How does that generally work?

Thanks,

nuk
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
M&A Parts is hard to beat for a budget AR. I found their quality to be very good.

+1.  I got their "DCM" upper.  Ordered Sunday evening, had it Wed. morning.

Tim
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top