Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 2:02:32 PM EDT
I'm very familiar with the Ak-47 builds and very familiar with the Ak on a somewhat technical level but I'm really interested in an AR build. I understand that this is no poor mans sport but there ARE ways to do things yourself with out putting all your money into someone else's pocket.
My question is which I'm sure you guys get all the time is....How can I build a complete AR with full upper assembly, Lower and all the correct functioning parts with out spending a fortune?
I have the know how, tools and also the time but I have a very small budget to work with.
Would It be much cheaper to by the complete kit, less receiver? Or to by each individual peice, such as part by part over time? I've given it some thought and I would think that buying the peice pack would kick my ass in shipping charges. To me the "full kit" less lower is going to be the quicker and cheaper build.  hatThanks alot,

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy one of those mega lowers and a rra lpk. Then you can find some nice uppers and bolt  on the equiptment exchange either new or used for a pretty reasonable price. And you can do like i did and buy  the parts as you can afford them. it may take longer but you can build your gun exactly as you want, and be satisfied with your ability.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
For a inexpensive lower check out the Calvery arms MK II you can get them from Armalite for $95.  Considering you dont have to buy a butt stock only a CAR buffer and spring + a lower parts kit you can't beat the price.

If you're dead set on a traditional AR15 then check out Stag lowers at www.eaglefirearms.net for $85.

For lower parts, the buffer assembly, and/or a bolt assembly check out eagle firearms above and www.rbprecision.com, RBP also has real good deals on this site in the equipment exchange.

Add that to an upper from the equipmet exchange or www.model1sales.com/ or www.jtdistributing.com/indframe.shtml and you're all set.

Total you'll be around $550 for a full kit + a Stag lower or around $600 for an upper+Cav lower. Personaly I like a light weight 16" BBl w/ a Cav lower for a 5lb rifle. For differences in the Cav II lower see my post in the Calvary arms forum.

Unfortunately all things fun usually cost $$.

Daubs
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top