Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2004 2:31:07 PM EDT
well it is time to begin to start accumulating parts.  here is what i have in mind  - 16"CAR, Chrome Lined Barrel, A3 FlatTop with standard FSB, Ameetec Stripped Lower, RRA LPK and RRA M4 6 Position Stock and either a arms or yhm rear sight.  i will be getting the upper from m&a, the stripped lower from ameetec and others as i find good deals.

i found on the equipment exchange these RRA 6 Position Stocks and wanted to verify they have everything i need to put them on a stripped lower.  i want to make sure i don't need any other tubes or springs.  also is there any reason to get one with or without markings?  RRA is a good brand, so why not?

thanks in advance :)
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently installed the same RRA 6 pos. stock from RBPrecision.  It included the Receiver extension(buffer tube), buffer, spring, castle nut and receiver plate.  Everything needed to install on a stripped lower or replace an A2 stock.

CDK
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]

any reason to get or not get a marked one?  any benefit with either from a resale standpoint?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

any reason to get or not get a marked one?  any benefit with either from a resale standpoint?

It all depends.. The guys that I build them for usually want the stock markings to match the maker of the lower.. I usually get unmarked stocks to have the ability to use them on all lowers without the customer getting pissy.. But if I build on an RRA lower, I'll usually try to go the extra and get an RRA stock.. Good luck on your first build..

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It all depends.. The guys that I build them for usually want the stock markings to match the maker of the lower.. I usually get unmarked stocks to have the ability to use them on all lowers without the customer getting pissy.. But if I build on an RRA lower, I'll usually try to go the extra and get an RRA stock.. Good luck on your first build..

thanks, i will probably just get one without markings as it doesn't bother me as long as it works...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
now, say later i want to put a 24" upper on it w/bipod for some long distance stuff, do i need to change the stock?  spring?  or is the upper totally seperate from the lower?  can you mix any upper and any lower/stock setup?

thanks again in advance
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#6]
For the most part,, the only time you need to replace the buffer, spring is if your going from a Fixed Stock to a Collapsable one.. Or visa versa.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I just put a RRA 6 position stock on that I received from Eagle this a.m. You might want to get the M4 buttstock wrench. I got a RRA marked stock to match my RRA lower
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have to go witha 16 inch barrel, then go with the RRA mid length.

The bayonet will fit.  the barrel will look more proportional ( not look like it is hanging out into space), and the longer handguards will give you more room for your front hand.

check out adco in the industry/EE they even have one cromed lined.

With a buddy, I build one yesterday.  it is da bomb.

Later,

Badredfish

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you have to go witha 16 inch barrel, then go with the RRA mid length.

The bayonet will fit.  the barrel will look more proportional ( not look like it is hanging out into space), and the longer handguards will give you more room for your front hand.

check out adco in the industry/EE they even have one cromed lined.

With a buddy, I build one yesterday.  it is da bomb.

Later,

Badredfish

thanks for the thgoutht, i will have to go to a gunstore and hold both.  does the extra sight radius really help?

how about some pics of your new build, congrats
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top