Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 10:54:46 PM EDT
Found an A3 carry handle at a gun show and the price is good. It has markings I have not seen before. Appears to be an outline of a "mountain peak" or "summit". First thoughts were Rock River Arms, but I haven't seen one of theirs before. The seller wasn't sure either because he had the same models on both a Rock River upper and a Bushmaster upper. Anybody got an I.D. on this one? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect the emblem was actually the A H (tiny A over an H that widens from top to the bottom), which is the ID of the forge that produced the raw forging, Anchor Harvey.  It tells you nothing about who made the piece, because all the major manufacturers have used Anchor Harvey forgings at one time or another.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the one you're talking about...I had a Diamaco-Colt upper with it . Not the same emblem. This was not a letter, number or combination of the two that you typically see on Colts  or Bushmasters. Picture a snowy summit's outline. That's what it looked like.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Did it look like this?

If so go to this thread.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=205429
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Just be careful.... China/Taiwan is making carry handles now, and they are definitely lower priced, and sub-standard quality to US made ones.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top