Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:18:00 PM EDT
Just got a phantom f/h and crush washer along with a DPMS tool and some blue Loc-Tite. How hard is it gonna be to install the f/h and just how hard do I have to turn the f/h  to put it in correctly. I don't have a vise.The Phantom is a 4 slot type.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Exnavarm
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Reg  Phantom  with no  solid bottom,  you want have  to torked it all that tight.
But, If you have the new style Phantom, youll need  to  use a vise.

TG
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You can do it by hand, but the crush washer needs to crush to lock it on.  If you don't want to use a wrench try a screwdriver through the slots of the F/H and turn it enough to be pretty tight, but make sure you don't dent the F/H or Mar it up.

Pinz
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
So, not to tight, but enough to lock the f/h with the crush washer. I think I will use the wrench for this, I would hate to mar the Phantom.

Thanks to both of you,
Exnavarm
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top