Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:43:54 AM EDT
Howdy out there in AR land.

Do any of you folks have any comments about Cavalry arms lowers,  Stag Arms lowers,    or the quality of Model 1 Sales parts and uppers?   Praise or criticisms?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a CAV-II lower.  It's in at the gun store but I have yet to pick it up because the rest of my stuff isn't in yet.  I'm the first in my area to order one.  I mainly got it to try and save money on my first AR, but also because of the future possibility of using a .45ACP upper [not being manufactured yet] that can take grease gun mags.  I'll try to remember to come back and update you on how it went in a few weeks, when I have the other parts I need to build my AR.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 model 1 sales kits and they've been great.  J&T Distributing has good kits too, as I have built 1 of them also.  I can tell no difference.  I have a stag arms lower and like it a lot too.  Extremely tight fit with all of my upper recievers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You're in luck!  I can comment on all three!

First of all, the Stag Arms lowers are excelent.  I purchased one for a project and the fit and finish of the parts is great in the lower is great.  Funny thing is, I used a Model 1 Sales kit on the Stag lower.  Put a pistol together and all went well.  Sight issue w/ mating the upper and lower, but once things broke in, it was fine.  M1S parts fit into everything, no issues have come up.... other then the pistol recoil spring is weak (issue has been resolved.)

Cavalry Arms and the Cav 15.  I have a number of those lowers (the MKI's, only have one MKII).  My experiance with them has been excelent.  The early MKI's had  few issues, ie a tight buffer tube could bind the carrier w/ certain uppers.  The MK II's resolved the issues.  I haven't played much w/ my MKII lower, but everything looks and fits fine so far.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I love my model 1 sales upper.  Great fit and finish.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top