Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 4:40:12 PM EDT
I just bought a single point sling adapter. After installing it on my Sully stock (short/entry),

I noticed it rattles. The rattling is from the supplied spacer that was placed behind the

receiver extension tube. The kit also came with a longer buttplate screw to compensate for the

sling adapter. There is obviously still too much space in there. I'm a newbie...please help.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
So, where are all the AR gurus?

I noticed the supplied spacer isn't as wide as the sling adapter. This doesn't make sense to me.

For the spacer to do any good, shouldn't it be the same width as the sling adapter?

The spacer doesn't even go past the "wrench notch" of the receiver extension tube.

Question: why does the receiver tube need to be flush against the buttplate? As long as the

buttplate screw screws into the tube...does it even matter if there is a spacer? can I just not use

the spacer and be done with it. Pleas help
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume you are using the GG&G plate for single-point slings?  If so, I had the same problem with two of my rifles.  I simply removed the spacer and have had no ill effects.  The butt plate just tightens up against the receiver extension tube.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn Scott! Why you blowin my cover man?

<-------- it was the picture that gave me away...wasn't it?

Yeah, I was going to give you a call tomorrow. I think I need to either ditch the spacer or make/buy
a new one. And, thank you GreenLine for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top