Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 4:19:30 PM EDT
I bought another Eagle stripped lower this past weekend at a show and have a few questions about it since I've put it together.

The first one I bought a year or so ago is a much nicer lower, it's marked "M15A2" and the serial is stamped "SER.93XXX"

This last one  is stamped "M15" and the serial is stamped "US 25XXXX"

The M15 lower is not as nice and a-lot of the print is different in size and the Eagle Arms logo is a little different.

Anyone know what the difference is between them??

Armalite/Eagle lowers are forged aren't they?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Eagle Arms lowers are forged...  I also had several lowers in the 25 serial number range and noticed the same thing... 'Had' is the important word here...

edited to add:  You didn't get yourself one of these, did ya?  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=202347

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
DarkStar I didn't buy a reject lower unless the guy is passing them off as good lower  I don't think so because I had no problems putting it together at all. Maybe I should call Eagle Arms and ask them about it.

There is a huge difference in the cosmetics and finish work in the two..
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top