Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 2:10:52 PM EDT
Where would I look to find the best price on the complete upper and M-4 barrel assembly?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably Model 1 Sales.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Shop around you can probably get an Upper a Barrel Assy and a Bolt Carrier Cheaper than Model 1 from more reputable companies. If you have the tools to assemble it.

CMT Upper From GTS/Denny's Guns              $  88.00
M4 Type Barrel Assy from Bushy                    $219.95 Chrome Lined
RRA Bolt and Carrier from Eagle Firearms      $  95.00
Charging Handle     (Eagle)                              $   16.00

418.95 +S&H

Model1 425.00 +S&H Not Chrome lined
Model1 460.00 +S&H Chrome lined

LMT Barreled Upper from GTS/Denny's 484.00 +S&H No Bolt and carrier.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it seems silly to buy a M4 upper only from Model 1 for $460 when you could buy a complete M4 kit that has a chrome lined barrel and also contain the buttstock and lower parts set from them for $490.

The pieces mentioned above are cheaper, it sounds like a better deal if you don't mind not having the convenience of stop shopping.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well From personal experience you get a nice Crap collapsible stock with that.... if you want to upgrade you get to add 30 bucks to that. so $520

So with my $419 kit I can add a $54 (RRA) Lower Parts kit and a $69 stock and buffer (RRA) Both from Eagle Firearms.

So for $541 I have a name brand parts kit....... Sorry but I still have the better deal.

If you want to stick with cheap parts  it is up to you.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I just read my post again and it looked like I was saying the "prices above" refering to my post about Model 1, but I actually meant above as in your post about parts, that's why I said it looks like a better deal as long as one stop shopping doesn't bother you.. I was just saying as far as Model goes it's almost stupid not to buy the whole kit since it's $30 more for the lower parts and the stock even if it is a cheap one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
One point- The model 1 kit will come with an assembled upper.  Not everyone has the knowhow, or tools, to install a barrel.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#7]
CMMG has M4 uppers with chrome lined 1/7 and M4 feed ramps for $500. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#8]
i have not heard good things about model 1.  I have not had any dealing with them but.....

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=277277

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One point- The model 1 kit will come with an assembled upper.  Not everyone has the knowhow, or tools, to install a barrel.

not really a lot of know how to it but it does require tools.
The tools are simple.
You could use the military vise blocks and a military barrel wrench and all would be fine.
OTOH I know of folks who have assembled an upper using a regular vise with padded jaws and a 5 dollar or so barrel wrench.
Not really rocket science to be honest. And if the barrel is out of index on that M1S upper and your sights are out of whack? Send it back and they will fix it when they get around to it.
Well I can guarantee I can do better work than they can. I've seen theirs.
Denny's will assemble the upper for you if you buy their barrel, Don't know the cost on that.
Yes CMMG are great folks to deal with! You could not go wrong with them either!
Jeff and John are great to deal with.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top