Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:57:12 AM EDT
Hey folks,
While I was a t the range yesterday, a guy let me try his Bushy M-4. It was fun to shoot, but I noticed that the butt stock was making a sound like a kids pogo stick. It was loud and kind of annoying. I assume this was the recoil spring and I was wondering if all AR's do this.  I'll be building a CAR-15 in the near future (soon as the parts come) and this kind of concerns me. Anybody else have this problem?
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
it's not a problem.  yes all ARs do this.
if you don't like it (i don't) pull the buffer and put a dab of grease inside the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it sound like "sproing-yoing-yoing-yoing"?  That rifle is about to kaboom, you should give it to me for proper disposal.

Seriously, they all do this.  Get used to it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:27:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I replaced the stock RRA action spring with a Wolff XP action spring (just for the heck of it) and it doesn't make a BOING-BOING sound.

The way I shoot, my ear is sort of close/against the buttstock so I can hear what's going on - it makes a spring sound as the bolt is moving around but its tight and not a loose spring sound.

Make sure the spring is properly seated with the buffer itself (the spring should clip onto the buffer quite tightly).

When I got the chance to play with some M16A2s and M16A1s, I could easily pull back the charging handle. With my AR-15, there's more force required probably due to the new spring and I like it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
SPROING is GOOD.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I won't worry about it then.
John
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SPROING is GOOD.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top