Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:34:17 PM EDT
I was thinking about getting an ASA kit.  I was not happy with their customer service so I went elsewhere.  How Do people feel about them and their kits?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would rather burn a pile of money. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
    I bought and ASA kit, the lower and upper were screwed.  The lower would shoot 2 and 3 round bursts, when it would shoot without jamming.  After a couple of visits with a gunsmith, it would shoot UMC's ok.  I sold it and bought a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't had any dealings, myself, but I think I would run, based on feedback I've read..
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
my wife found a disturbing site - a stalker basically spelled out his plan for murder, then carried it outhe

hopefully, the dork's been properly sentenced (like to death)  I just thought it was interesting that even a semi-retarded murderer doesn't like ASA
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I've got a friend that has one and he always tries to defend it and has excuses as to why it malfunctions. It seems to be crap to me, the only time I had a chance to shoot it I couldn't because it wouldn't work, you'd pull back the charging handle but it wouldn't do anything when you pulled the trigger. I'd say that's a problem...a big problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a used ASA Upper (upper only, no other ASA parts).  Works great, but it's pretty hard to mess up an upper though.

tk
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an ASA lower that was purchased as a Stripped lower I assembled it with various Manufacturers parts and it works fine it is an early ASA Lower Had more problems with the DPMS barrel than the ASA Lower And then only with Wolf ammunition. Though I have heard a bunch of stories about their rifles and customer service. Since they didn't "make" the lower I would doubt there is anything wrong with them. I have heard of substandard parts in their kits.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't even think about it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top