Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:33:04 PM EDT
The upper I ordered is stripped. It is an A3 flat top.
What parts do I need to build it?

I also need a complete bolt assembly.ho
Please help I am new to this rifle building.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought an A3 stripped upper from Del-ton just recently also, great company!  All you need is a foward assist assembly and an ejection port assembly.  Very easily found, and usually all parts included unless otherwise noted, pay attention.  Also, in my opinion a bolt is a bolt.....some will go on and on about mil-spec this and mil-spec that.  Any reputable source you read more than 3 posts about here is a good-to-go company.  I've seen complete bolt carriers go from $90-$200!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of an odd way to start a build, yes?

For the bolt/carrier + charging handle, RB precision has a good deal going on:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=219434

The equipment exchange will be your friend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I started this build not knowing which lower to purchase. I have now decided to get a Mega.

Yes, I was confused as to which bolt/carrier to get. It seems know one has posted a diffinitive answer for people to use to explain just exactly what you need without all the fancy talk thrown in to confuse people.

I was leaning toward the idea a bolt is a bolt. Where can I find one for under a $100?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Kind of an odd way to start a build, yes?

For the bolt/carrier + charging handle, RB precision has a good deal going on:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=219434

The equipment exchange will be your friend.

here is a direct site www.rbprecision.com/

i got my upper and all upper parts from them very good products and fast shipping super customer service too

oh found it here it is ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=212275
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
He asks a good question as I was considering the same tthing.  What about the barrel extension?  I can rebarrel an upper with no problem and I can build lowers all day long but this barrel extension is a mystery to me.

Can anyone speak about this item and thigns to consider when building an upper from "scratch"?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The barrel extension HAS to be headspaced!  Knowing that, I do not want to spend the extra money on headspace gauges and the barrel extension socket/wrench adaptor, I don't fool with it.  Realistically there are to my knowledge only three other kinds of barrel extensions in .223:

TiN
Chrome
M4

Assuming you are changing the "standard" barrel extension.  In my opinion, if what you have works, don't fool with it.  You could cause same pretty serious issues with taking that on and off.  However, it can be easily done with the proper tools and you'll should never have an issue.  Good luck......

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top