Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2004 9:53:31 PM EDT
Hey guys, im building a neutured CA-legal AR-15 from the following:
Pre-Ban Bushy M4 w/ flash suppressor
Bushy lower parts kit
Fab-Ten lower receiver
Mag-Pul M93A

Anyway i was putting it together today with no problems and then it came time to put the stock on.  I started screwing it into the lower receiver and it got somewhat jammed so i didnt force it, ran my fingers over the threads and checked em all.  Well now as i screw them in they'll go in 2 threads and just kind of come out, could this be a problem with either the receiver or the stock???  Im taking it to my neighbor who has done this kind of thing before and hoping for help but trying to get some here before...
~thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you putting the stock on the receiver dry or or you using a lube. You should use a lube on the threads. Grease works but make sure no graphite in grease. Use a moly based grease.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
i tried using the only amount htat i had but it wasnt a lot... it still seemed like it should have helped though
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top