Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 8:55:37 AM EDT
Two days at the range with a friend's new Bushmaster and I'm hooked.  Any suggestions for building a  left handed .308.  What's it going to cost  for quality parts, good trigger, and barrel?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
308 AR's are not my thing, just wanted to say welcome aboard
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks - great site
Don't particularly like the 308 either but would like to hunt Fla whitetail with an AR I built.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Cum on how can you not like the 308???? You said your were hooked must have been a reason why.  The 308 is an outstanding hunting cartridge/anything else other than Bench rest competition and is inherintly acurate sub moa groups out of all 3 of my bolt guns.
Back to building one I too am extremely interested from the reports I have been hearing the Bushy sounds like  a cut above the others on the market but I havent seen a parts kit from anyone yet does anyone have a link to this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#4]
you probably will not find a parts kit for one, i think model 1 sales may sell ar10 uppers made by armalite
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The only advantage to building an AR10 (or varient) over buying one is that you can spread out the cost and that you can get a custom rifle that isnt available or is better than what you'd get from the factory. If you want to build a standard AR10 that you can get from the factory, your price savings are almost nil. I'm not a huge fan of the Bushy for the amount of money they want though I am still kinda curious about how accurate it is.
I built my AR10 because I wanted a custom rifle. I had George gardner with GA PRecision build me an AR10 complete upper with a 22" Mike Rock 5R Barrel that I put on an Eagle Arms lower and it cost me only slightly more than a complete Armalite AR10T. With this rifle I have been able to easily shoot 1/2" MOA out to 700yds and occasionally better if I do my part.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top