Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 7:43:13 PM EDT
I ordered a 20" H-bar kit from J&T last week to assemble a no-ban gun.  I ordered a kit from them in 2002 and it was a fantastic kit, packaged in a custom fitted box and it went together like a dream.  The kit I recieved this week was all bunched together in a flimbsy box.  The kit was missing the trigger guard and the real kicker is that I took it to the range and the rifle will not cycle.  In fact there is no powder marks at all on the bolt so obviously the gas tube is obstructed.  Now I am going to be out the time and shipping fees to return the upper for repair.  It really seems to me that the quality of the J&T kits has gone way down.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you talked to the J&T people yet?

Try e-mailing them, or contacting them through the industry forum.  Their customer service is usually great.

Let us know how it all works out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
the first time i ordered my kit i upgraded to add the harris bipod and paid extra for 2nd day air.

i got charged for the 2nd day air and recieved my kit but no bipod.

called and no questions asked they said they will ship me the bipod, only problem was it took almolst a week after i got the kit till i got the bipod.

the kit came out perfect.

minor things that bothered me but didnt seem to affect functioning much was the bolt carrier is not chrome lined it was bare steel or whatever they use for it and the bolt catch broke in half

the kit ordered was a 20in varmit kit in ss

i will most likely order from them again if i ever want to buy a complete upper. but for now i think i will just build up my own uppers since it so much fun. oh and cause i like bushmaster products so much.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
All their bolt carriers are chrome-lined, even though it may not look like it. It's extremely hard to find a non-chromed carriers today.

If you have problems, definitely CALL THEM. They have very good customer service.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have called them and I am sure they will make it right.  Unfortunately I will be out some extra $$ and time since I will most likely have to return the upper for repair.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
My J&T 20" HBAR kit was missing the trigger guard as well...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
See if they will credit you the money for a gas tube, they are between $15 and $20.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]
i really think that the bolt carrier i got was not chromelined.

all the bushmaster and rra carriers i own have a very smooth and slick feel to them on the inside where the bolt sits the jt one doesnt.  

with all my bushmaster and rra carriers when in run a patch through them it removes the dirt and carbon out of it with the jt one the carrier removes parts of the patch when i try and clean it

all my bush and rra carriers have a nice smooth siver finish to it sorta like a coated finish the jt one has a finish similar to a peice of steel you just sanded down with semi fine sandpaper

but other than that its not really something to complain about i really like the kit. the gun shoots sub moa with self ammo so its gooood.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top