Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:48:22 PM EDT
Hello, hereI reload all my ammunition. I have 500 rnds of .223 brass (Fedral).
I shoot at least 2 times a week (200 rnds a session) in .357 mag's, .38 spl (favorite in small bore revolver), .38 S&W, .44 spl/ .44 russian, .45 acp (favorite), .45 colt (favorite in revolver... big bore), .30-30, .22 lr (crap loads).

I have built 3 1911 style pistolshensive
I would like to build an AR 15. Purpose for the rifle...350 yards to 450 yard shots. I have been reading posts trying to get a handle on how to do this. I know I am going to get a Mega lower (Love that sexy lower end)...that is not a problem.....the upper is my confusion or rather I should say to many choices. I have found on Del-Ton's site upper A3's for $75 dolloars stripped (white "T" marks on the top of the upper). Does any one have any experience with thesehey
Barrels......well that was easy.........chrome only. All of my 1911's have mil surplus chrome barrels. Easiest thing in the world to clean!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of Del-Ton's stripped uppers with the M4 feedramps. I dont know who they get the uppers from but they are finished nicely and matched my RRA lower perfectly. I couldnt tell you how it matches upt to a Mega lower only because I dont have one.
I would buy another upper from them again and their customer service was good to go.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont get an upper receiver with M4 rams unless you get a BARREL (extension) with M4 ramps as well, or you are asking for trouble.

I am sure Delton uppers are fine.... but Chris over at Eagle Firearms has RRA T-marked uppers (complete, not stripped) for $88 and he doesnt gouge on shipping.  Shows out of stock right now, but he typically gets things fast.  Dont know about RRA tho.... they are really slow shipping right now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
$75 is a very good price.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Just received my complete upper from delton.  other than a scratch it looks really good.  I cant wait to mount it to the ,llower and shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not looking to build an M4 type. Just a plain AR 15. I do not want feed ramps in my upper.

Will these uppers (flat tops) with the "t" marks work for my plain AR 15?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am not looking to build an M4 type. Just a plain AR 15. I do not want feed ramps in my upper.

Will these uppers (flat tops) with the "t" marks work for my plain AR 15?

Yes, they'll work.   I've built a couple with the "t numbered" uppers and really like them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you everybody for the fast answers and excellent advice. I have ordered the upper we were discussing total is $83.00 to my door. It is stripped. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I have ordered several a3 t-railed uppers from Global Tactical, complete for $84 shipped. I couldn't be happier with them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
just ordered 2 uppers from del-ton
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top