Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2004 10:18:18 AM EDT
Does anyone know how Oly-Arms made their pistols without a buffer tube?  Is it possible to apply the same concept to any other AR lower?  What all is invovled (special bolt/carrier, whole new upper...)?  I've never been a fan of the buffer tube hanging out on the back end of AR pistols so if I could build one without it would be nice.
Thanks.

PS Those of you who own one of these do you have the same failures that pistol owners with the short "pistol" buffer tube do?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#1]
They relocated the operating spring above the barrel. If you look at a picture, you can see a tube above the barrel that attaches to the modified front site base and goes back to a proprietory upper receiver. I think they had to cut the back half off the bolt carrier as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I sometimes feel I post too many links to my website but here is another...

quarterbore.com/ar15m16/oa93.htm

On the link above are quite a few pics that show just how these are built and you can see the differences...  Also look at the owners manual and patent links off the top of that page!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I sometimes feel I post too many links to my website but here is another...

quarterbore.com/ar15m16/oa93.htm

On the link above are quite a few pics that show just how these are built and you can see the differences...  Also look at the owners manual and patent links off the top of that page!

I forgot about all the pics of the OA-93 family at your website. You can definately get an idea of how it works looking at those pics.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top