Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:43:39 PM EDT
okay, so i've already picked out my lower. I'm going with a mega stipped, and a chip mccormick trigger set.

So now i'm working on the upper. I think i'm going to go with the Ameetec Arms - Side Charging Flattop Upper Receiver - Complete, rock river stainless 16" preban barrel, and rock river quad rail system. Now then, here's my question:

The rock river stainless comes with the front sight housing, barrel extension, handguard cap and barrel nut. So I am going to need a gas tube, Barrel indexing pin, delta ring, weld spring, hand guard swap ring, and what else? what the heck is a gas block for?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
and I'm going with the jdtactical chrome bolt and carrier. where do i pick up the firing pin from?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Gas block is a replacement for the front sight base. If you cut off the top half of the standard FSB, you'd get the functionality of a gas block. Some gas blocks are lower profile and some have a rail base so you can mount a QD front sight.

You can order a firing pin from most manufacturers and dealers.  Try any of the ABC's like Bushy or dealers like Adco.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#3]
You shouldn't need a barrel indexing pin. It will already be installed on the barrel when you get it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top