Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 3:30:58 PM EDT
Is the lowers used to build a 308 style ar 15 the same as the lower used to buid a 223?

Can I order a Stag arms lower from eagle and put an armalite 308 upper on it????

If not where can I get the lower to build a 308?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  308's are AR-10s.  The receivers have a longer magazine well to accommodate the longer 308 cartridge.  While they may look and function a lot alike they are quite diffferent dimensionally.  

So to answer your question, no you can't put a 308 upper on an AR-15 lower.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at Quantico Arms  -  http://www.quanticoarms.com

not sure how else to try
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesnt make much sense to build an AR10, just buy one, component selection is more limited and the price difference isn't too impressive.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It doesnt make much sense to build an AR10, just buy one, component selection is more limited and the price difference isn't too impressive.

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You will save a minimum of 11% in taxes alone, just by buying your parts from Quantico Arms...

Plus the parts are a tad cheaper if it's not built at the factory....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys,  I have a friend<I know that sounds corny< but true, that wants to build one. He thinks it would be good for deer hunting.  I prefer my 700bdl remington.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top