Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:37:51 AM EDT
I'm thinking of putting together my first AR.  I was considering a complete upper from RRA but I see they are all chambered in .223 Wylde.  Does anyone have experience with them?  Any feed problems, or problems with 5.56 ammo?  I am looking for the most reliable, maybe sacrificing some accuracy so I was looking for 5.56, but I don’t really know much about the RRA Wylde chamber.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
No problem shooting 5.56 in a Wylde chamber, see the www.ammo-oracle.com for additional information....

Mike

btw, welcome rookie , fwiw, there are "TACKED" items at the top of most forums, which are placed there so that can get up to speed, that way you don't keep repeating some of the most asked questions.......

The most asked IIRC would be  - "can I shoot 223 in my 5.56 or versa-visa?", your's is downaways at about 15th or 16th......
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I have learned here on ARFCOM, the Wylde chamber is a compromise between
the longer throated 5.56mm and the shorter-throated 223.

The Wylde chamber allows for you to shoot 223's more accurately than from a standard 5.56mm
chamber because the bullet travels a shorter distance before being "gripped" by the rifling.

The Wylde chamber allows you to shoot 5.56mm AND 223's. PLUS the 223's will shoot more accurately.

I like the theory behind the Wylde Chamber design.....

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No problem shooting 5.56 in a Wylde chamber, see the www.ammo-oracle.com for additional information....

Yeah I looked at the oracle, but it doesn't get to in depth concerning Wylde.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top