Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 6:15:45 PM EDT
I bought a Leupold Vari-XIII 6.5-20X40mmAO in Matte Black today for 400 cash. I think that is about half price for NIB right?  Anyways I have nothing to put it on  so I guess I need to build 2 uppers instead of just one.  I have decided I want to build an RRA upper, 16" Bushy Light weight, Troy MRF-MX 10"Extended with a Phantom FH for my first upper cant decide on wether or not to get a ACOG later or an AIMPOINT right away.  

So give me some ideas for a second upper to go under the Leupy  I am thinking an 18" SPR?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, that is WAY TOO MUCH scope for a 16" AR.  Get a 20" or 24" for that thing.  It is even alot for an SPR type rifle.  I shot 600yds with my 3-9X36 Leupold MR/T and it was more than adequate.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
16"? nah I said 18" for the Leupy I cut my eye teeth on a Weaver K8 6.5 is pretty weak....lol ok its not pretty week but I really dont like long barrels on ARs though I may do a 20" just to ring a little extra out of it with that much glass.  Anyone make an 18" FFH?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, why two uppers? Everybody here knows it should be two lowers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
2 more lowers coming later
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top