Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2004 4:58:13 PM EDT
Ok, I am gathering the parts to build an upper.

I have most of the parts.  The barrel came in today.  on the front of the front sight base, the hole of the front delta ring does not line up with the hole where the gas tube goes. (I am not talking about the upper reciver).

is this a major problem?  do you just drill the front of the delta ring to get the gas tube to slide in?

or should this barrel go back to the manufacture?

thanks in advance for looking at this post and I awaite your help.

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
In what way dosen't it line up?
Too high, too low?  Give us a little more info to work with.  A pic would be better but a better description might be enough.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are refering to the front handguard cap there at the sight base, turn it.

The barrel nut assembly has a layered spring under the delta ring, look at the notch on the ring, and turn the spring underneath to expose the "cut-out" for the gas tube to pass.

Should not be made an issue, until you are ready to align the notch on the barrel nut with the upper so gas tube will pass through all 3 pieces of the barrel nut assembly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks - SBR7_11

If you are refering to the front handguard cap there at the sight base, turn it.

That fixed the problem.  I was thinking that the front handguard cap was attached to the FBS.

Whew.

Thanks, I love this site.

Badredfish

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top