Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 10:41:41 AM EDT
I was looking around at the different kits available and I saw that Ameetec Arms offers an M4 type kit for a comparable price when compared to JT distributing and Model1Sales.  So my question is: Has anybody used an Ameetec Arms kit? how do they compare?  what comes standard what doesn't?

I don't want any bashing just honest opinions.

krackels
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's what it seems like to me. The Model 1 is about $455, but doesn't include a chrome lined barrel or a M4 buttstock, it comes with a 3 position CAR stock. Now when you add the cost of the chrome lined barrel and M4 buttstock the total price is about $520. The Ameetec M4 upper includes a chrome lined barrel and M4 stock and it's $520 so they're really the exact same price.

I've been torn between the Model 1 and Ameetec myself, If I buy the Model 1 I'll only have to pay shipping (about $10-15), if I buy the Ameetec which is local for me I'll have to pay state sales tax (about $40). I'm buying a lower from Ameetec this week, but that worked out better for me, sales tax of about $8 instead of $20-30 to have one shipped to a FFL and do the transfer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The way I figure it is if the prices are so close I'd take Ameetec over Model1 just because I think I'd trust them more and then there's the whole deal with people not specifying they want a 5.56mm chamber and they get .223 and visa versa.  What I'm really interested to know is if I buy a kit and a lower from them will that incur any other charges?

I thought I read that if you buy a lower and kit or upper reciever you may get hit with a federal tax or something.

Krackels
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think so. You won't get charged any kind of federal tax even if you bought a complete firearm from them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You won't get charged tax because you live in another state. But you might have to be charged a transfer fee if you buy a striped lower. Not sure about a lower already assembled with the parts and buttstock.

I bought a stripped lower from Ameetec and had to fill out the same paperwork as I would for the purchase of a pistol.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top