Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 1:28:46 AM EDT
I think I saw here that one or more of the major manufacturers (RRA, Bushmaster?) contracts Contintental Machine and Tool for their receivers.  Can anyone here confirm/deny?  Thinking about using a CMT lower for a build.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think I saw here that one or more of the major manufacturers (RRA, Bushmaster?) contracts Contintental Machine and Tool for their receivers.  Can anyone here confirm/deny?  Thinking about using a CMT lower for a build.

Can't say for sure cause no one in the know will/can tell, but I've heard that RRA uses them and that Stag is their own brand name.  

People have all claimed this basically because of the way they fit to uppers (very tight) as far as I know.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe that CMT was the foundry of RRA. I also believe that CMT does alot of work for alot of the other big name AR companies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a recent thread that mentioned Bushmaster currently gets their lowers from CMT, and used to get them from LMT. The prefix letters of the serial numbers apparently denote where a Bushmaster lower receiver came from.

Just so you know, when you purchase a CMT lower, you will not necessarily be receiving an exact duplicate of the ones produced for the big companies, which all have their own specifications of how they want their receivers. For example, RRA lowers exhibit dimensions that are different from the norm. If you purchase a lower from the manufacturer that produces lowers for RRA, there is no guarantee that you will get the same characteristic tightness.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Stag Arms, RRA, and Century receivers all come from CMT, and the ones I have seen appeared identical.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting!  RRA and Bushy fit the same uppers totally different, so I thought they were different contractors, but as you said, if they each specify different build specs, then it is possible to be from the same mfr.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I DEAL WITH THEM

THEY BUILD ALL THE AR15 PARTS * BUT THE PLASTIC * THEY BUILD FOR COLT ,  BUSHMASTER, ROCK RIVER, STAG ,CENTRY, AND FINN

ITS TOP OF THE LINE STUFF

WILLIAM
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top