Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 3:47:56 PM EDT
Just don't know the difference.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
A1 has slots all the way around, A2 has a closed bottom.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
6 orange flashes all the way around the barrel plus flying debris off the deck...

versus

5 orange flashes all going up into your sight picture.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
6 orange flashes all the way around the barrel plus flying debris off the deck...

versus

5 orange flashes all going up into your sight picture.

Well if you want to be specific.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
so sounds like A2 is the best.

I'm surprised that someone didn't say get both

well I ordered one of each from Model 1 sales.

Thanks
MJR
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I think A1 is the original birdcage flash supressor on m16.  A2 was introduced with no slots on bottom of flash supressor ( 6 o'clock position)  to minimize dust kickup if firing from prone position. So if you plan on planting yourself in a pile of dust or fine grain sand with barrel a few inches from the ground get an A2.   good luck    buy both they are about $6 bucks apiece.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think A1 is the original birdcage flash supressor on m16.  A2 was introduced with no slots on bottom of flash supressor ( 6 o'clock position)  to minimize dust kickup if firing from prone position. So if you plan on planting yourself in a pile of dust or fine grain sand with barrel a few inches from the ground get an A2.   good luck    buy both they are about $6 bucks apiece.

Well here in AZ all we have is dust and dirt for ground cover, with a rock thrown in for good measure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm surprised that someone didn't say get both

I will g one record as saying, "GET NEITHER".

If you want a Flash hider get a Vortex. Period.

If you think you can find a case of C rations that will coerce you into using it for a case opener, get a Phantom.

But  if you absolutely positively need a good quality working flash hider, get neither.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top