Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 1:49:15 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Fulton Armory lowers?

I am thinking about building a new rifle from scratch and need to select a good lower.
I have bought things from Fulton/Clint in the past, and been very happy with them (including a peerless M1A). I suspect that Clint spent quite some time looking at various possible lowers to use to build his rifles, and would select something strong, well made, and well finished.

But before parting with the money (Fulton lowers a not cheap...) I was just looking for any feedback I can get from anyone who has used on of these.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, overall its not bad but he finish they use isnt quite mil-spec. The finish on my lower is a little more shiny than any of my other uppers and lowers. Its not bad to build on though. I THINK Brownells price for Fulton lowers is cheaper than Fulton's are (I know the dealer/LE price is definetely cheaper).
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one. It looks the same as the Grizzly and Ameetec lowers. To many good lowers out there to pay a premium for a name unless you just want it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have one, overall its not bad but he finish they use isnt quite mil-spec. The finish on my lower is a little more shiny than any of my other uppers and lowers.

I've noticed this in pictures and was wondering if it was just the light in the pictures.  So for those who have both, would you say Fulton's lower receiver finish isn't quite the same as Bushmaster's lower receiver finish?  More shiny on the Fulton and not quite as dull/matte as the Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I would definetely say that the finish on a FA lower is shinier than my Bushy. I think the Bushy is more durable as well.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top