Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:18:36 PM EDT
Just installed a Phantom FS with a crush washer.  I hand tighten it and the closed port is approximately at 1 o'clock.  I, then, indexed it to 6 o'clock with the 3rd open slot at 12 o'clock.  Am I done?  I noticed the threading had not completely bottomed out.  There is still a gap between the front of the muzzle and the back of the FS .  It took considerable amount of force to crush the washer to the current indexing point.  Should I continue to crush it until the threading bottoms out?  Then again, at that point, the slots may not be indexed correctly. Is it OK to have that gap?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I did one earlier today,sound like  you got it right.
Few pictures. :D

TG
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want the closed port at 6:00, your done.  People who shoot with night vision equipment put the closed port at 12:00.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I think if you use the A1 flash hider, you can actually get more muzzle climb with rapid fire (some of the flash goes below the muzzle).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top