Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 9:12:07 AM EDT
I need some expert opinions please. Historically I've always put, for example, Bushmaster uppers on Bushmaster lowers and used Bushmaster barrels. I'm very tempted(because of pricing) to put a RRA on a Bushy lower, but still use a Bushy barrel. What if any issues are likely to occur ?. Will everything line up ok ?  I've seen some combinatons where the mag. release on the logo side of the lower does not line up with the bump in the upper.  I don't really mind if there is slight mismatch in color[?.    I've e-mailed Bushmaster twice asking if they make their own uppers ,but NO response from them.  I read recently that LMT were making some of their lowers. Any words of wisdom very welcome. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an AR with a bushy 20" barrel. a Model1 flat top upper and an Olypic lower.
The gun shoots great.....you can mix and match so to speak.
All the parts seem to be to spec by all makers....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Why use a Bushy lower? They are double the cost of any other good quality lower. If you pay more than $100 for a stripped forged lower, you are really being screwed. I would do a flip flop and put a Bushy upper on a different lower, since they don't overprice their uppers like they do their lowers.

Ameetec Arms lower=$85 shipped
MEGA lower=$89 shipped
Stag Arms lower=$89 shipped

Or you could just mix and match and use a Bushy barrel with an RRA upper and lower; Bushmaster has some great barrels (4150, chrome-lined) for very reasonable prices. Either way there is no need to pay $80 for a snake logo.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys. I've already got the bushy lowers and the bushy stripped A3 uppers seem way more $ than other makers. Cheapest in their catalogue is $141.95. That's just nuts!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top