Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 9:51:13 PM EDT
I'm beginning the assembly in my lower, and have come into a couple minor problems.

Among them...The trigger guard seems too long.  Once I put the roll pin in, I can't get the detent to find its way into the whole at the front of the guard, and if I apply any force, the guard just pops down.  Anyway to fix this?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need to determine which way the hole is off, and egg the front hole (the one by the mag well) to allow the detent to snap in.  After doing this, you can touch up the raw aluminum with some Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black.  No one will ever notice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Would it make a difference if I got a new trigger guard, or is it probably the lower?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Would it make a difference if I got a new trigger guard, or is it probably the lower?

Thanks.

There's no way to tell, but before I'd go fooling around w/the hole, I'd try another TG first.  If the second one is too long, then you know it's the reciever, and you can try the fix mentioned above.

Every time I think I've heard it all, sombody posts a brand new problem
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

There's no way to tell, but before I'd go fooling around w/the hole, I'd try another TG first.  If the second one is too long, then you know it's the reciever, and you can try the fix mentioned above.

Every time I think I've heard it all, sombody posts a brand new problem

At first I thought it was just me, but it's really simple.  I can't punch the trigger guard in and do the spring detent part and have them both work.  I tried putting in the spring detent part, and then putting the roll pin in.  It took a tremendous amount of work, and I had to use a punch in order to push the spring detent part in really hard, and then it wouldn't go back in properly.

I didn't have problems with any other steps, just that one.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top