Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:32:24 PM EDT
I read that the front sight is actually .032 taller and marked with F for flat top models. If an A2 (non flat top) Front sight is used, there will be difficulty zeroing the rifle.
Is this true? Will an A2 front sight work fine? Can I just replace the front sight post with a taller one?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
There is another thread running close by where the author is having trouble zeroing the rifle.....

Your answer is here.

"Because the Colt A3 carry handle is taller than A1 & A2 handles. it requires this modified .040 front sight post. This sight post should also be used with the ARMS #40."
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much for the help. I will just change out the front sight post.
Does this also apply if the front sight is detachable or just with the fixed sight?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top