Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 12:51:25 PM EDT
anyone ever use a AccuWedge? if so do they work? any input would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i think it works. but i cut mine till it is only taking up the slack and not putting more upward pressure
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll agree, I feel like it works. I had a upper and lower that was so loose you could twist it back and forth in your hands and feel the play. I put a 2.50 accuwedge in it and took the play right out. I think they're worth it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Functionally, I don't know...

... but I put one in every AR I get/build that has a little upper/lower "play" and it seems to make a difference.  Reagardless, it makes me feel a little better about them - cheap piece of mind, right or wrong IMO.

I've never had one cause any sort of problem, though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
A small piece of matchbook cover cut and folded will do the exact same thing...and it's cheaper
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A small piece of matchbook cover cut and folded will do the exact same thing...and it's cheaper hr

+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Works on both of mine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Each one of my ARs has the AccuWedge,at 4-5 bucks$ why not.
One of my ARs has at least 2K rds through it with no abnormal wear due to the Wedge
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Functionally, I don't know...

... but I put one in every AR I get/build that has a little upper/lower "play" and it seems to make a difference.  Reagardless, it makes me feel a little better about them - cheap piece of mind, right or wrong IMO.

I've never had one cause any sort of problem, though.

ROGER ON THAT!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
It got a little crossways in a carbine I had just built.  Locked it up tighter than Dick's hatband. I figure why take a chance on disabling your gun fixing something that is not broken.  Never again for me.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Each one of my ARs has the AccuWedge,at 4-5 bucks$ why not.
One of my ARs has at least 2K rds through it with no abnormal wear due to the Wedge

$4-5?!?!?!  Check here:  Accuwedge Source
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
If the rattle bothers you, then get it...thats the only thing is does, is remove the rattle and make the rear receiver pin hard to push out.

Doesn't help accuracy, movement between the upper and lower receiver has nothing to do with accuracy.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Doesn't help accuracy, movement between the upper and lower receiver has nothing to do with accuracy.

Exacty, mine is a rattle/force of habit issue.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top