Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 5:52:22 AM EDT
I recently removed, and was going to replace the FH on my 14.5 barrel, but at the last minute decided that I wanted a full16" barrel.

My question is this (and its probably been asked already)

Do I have to permanently affix my Phantom to my 16" barrel, or can I simply srew it on to leave my options open?

Thanks and sorry if its been asked!

Rob
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been asked many times.  Someone should tack a thread concerning this 14.5" barrel legality question....

Simply put, if your barrel is 14.5", you need to permanently attach a muzzle device, period.  You can only leave your options open if your barrel is at least 16" without a muzzle device.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If the barrel is at least 16" long, then you have nothing to worry about. Just screw on the FH and have fun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Great thanks....I just needed expert clarification!

Again, sorry if it was the umpteenth time asked..
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top