Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 2:48:21 AM EDT
I have not seen or heard of any update of that in years. It was a cool idea and very creative.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No one knows? The guy is a member here and posted alot of pics of it in the white. Was kinda blocky looking but apparently worked.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No blockier looking than some of the JP or Socom machined lowers.  It would not take much to make such a lower look better.  A very interesting idea.  What happened to that link?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What happened to that link?

This one?

Scratchbuilt AR15 lower receiver

image 1

image 2
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that's the one. Are you the guy who built it?

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]
i think i got all the drawings, but as far as i know you can't find them anymore. they were on roderus customs, and biggerhammer.net. i don't know what happened to the guy though.

John
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that is the one I saw, too.

Not bad looking when finished.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yep, that's the one. Are you the guy who built it?

I'm not the guy who built it.  But I saved that link to my bookmarks when I first saw it way back when...   I knew this was something I wanted to read again!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone else look at his other "projects?  The Muzzle Loading pistol is interesting...  talented guy!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi,
I was the one that did that scratchbuilt ar15 receiver. I posted it to ar15.com a long time ago, before it became a commercial outfit and they got rid of most of the archives of previous posts.
The link www.geocities.com/elmgrove1765 is the correct one. I recently updated "Project6" with 2 links where you can download the prints for free as well as adding some blueprint clarification questions from people who have built the receiver. Looks like I can put a full "pre-ban" upper on it now that the AWB is gone. 'Hope that helps!
p.s. if too many people go to the geocities site,  it will go down temporarily - geocities provides only limited bandwidth for free. You can try again in a few hours.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to see you back here;  that was an amazingly creative solution.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
If his geocities site goes down, a zip with everything is at footpounds.com
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top