Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2004 11:29:08 AM EDT
They're still out of the Eagle/Armalite stripped lowers. This has been going on for months now. What gives?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Didja try calling them and asking them? Why would ppl on an internet site know what a business or companies issues are? Not a flame, but jus stating the facts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Didja try calling them and asking them? Why would ppl on an internet site know what a business or companies issues are? Not a flame, but jus stating the facts.

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I would waste my time with Quantico (for lowers at least).  I ordered a few lowers from them several months ago (in the spring, I think).  My buddy with an FFL placed the order.  I waited.  He called, they said they were out of stock temporarily.  I waited.  Then they e-mail my FFL buddy the order was cancelled.  He called, Quantico said they had lowers BUT AT A HIGHER PRICE than when I placed my order.  My buddy ended up ordering me RRA lowers directly from Rock River at a lower price than Quantico and I got them in 2 weeks.

I know things can be beyond a companies control... but I would have rather Quantico was straight with me from the start instead of BSing me for several weeks then cancelling my order because they couldn't afford to sell the lowers at the price I originally ordered them at.  

Scot

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't think I would waste my time with Quantico (for lowers at least).  I ordered a few lowers from them several months ago (in the spring, I think).  My buddy with an FFL placed the order.  I waited.  He called, they said they were out of stock temporarily.  I waited.  Then they e-mail my FFL buddy the order was cancelled.  He called, Quantico said they had lowers BUT AT A HIGHER PRICE than when I placed my order.  My buddy ended up ordering me RRA lowers directly from Rock River at a lower price than Quantico and I got them in 2 weeks.

I know things can be beyond a companies control... but I would have rather Quantico was straight with me from the start instead of BSing me for several weeks then cancelling my order because they couldn't afford to sell the lowers at the price I originally ordered them at.  

Scot

Yeah I wasnt goin to state anything about my dealings with them. But IMO, they are in the same caliber as BOTACH.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Would it be wrong to say that response was "botach-esque"???

Because someone complained about an order being delayed, then cancelled, you won't run a special again?
Ok...

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]
No complaints from me.  You honored the $75 internet quoted price at the Roanoke gun show in February where you were selling them for $85.  Hope to see you back there torwards the end of October.

FWIW, I think they were great to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Woops... I forgot... I got the lowers from you at Salem....  I went to Roanoke thinking they also had a show that weekend and walked up to the ticket counter with my Glock open to let them zip-tie it.  Then I realized they were having a circus, and not a gun show.  Anyway, I'm out of town this weekend so I won't be able to make it.  I'd love to go though.  Do you have any good deals on Commander type 1911's?  My friend is in the market and I'll send him your way if you have some good deals.  I think he only wants to spend $650-700 though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Thumbs up for Quantico Arms. Comparing them to to Botach is like being the General after the War
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
But,  how do we get rewarded by giving people SMOKING DEALS on receivers?  Crap like being compared to BOTACH.  That is why you are unlikely to see deals like that from us in the future.  Not because we cannot offer them, but the people who do not take advantage of them start posting crap like this.

Dave Hensley

Only a dealer of Botachs caliber would post such a thing.  Threatening us with no more specials if anybody dares to post anything negative about ya huh?  You can keep them, there are plenty of other dealers happy to sell us AR products.  As a matter a fact, I've never seen you post anything.  I recently placed an order with you and I guarantee it will be the last.   Not only did you just loose my business, but my friends and family as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
So, I'm new to this site. What is Quantico's web site? I'll judge for my self!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Jeez, I didn't mean to cause such a controversy. I never got a response to my E-mail, so I enquired here. I got my answer, and a whole lot more. Relax guys, we're not all perfect. They just made a mistake. Now that I know the story, I am still inclined to do business with them. It's just too bad they are out of the lowers.

www.quanticoarms.com/
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have ordered 2 AR10 EAagle lowers at different times and 2 AR10 lower kits which had the J pins missing.
One lower was sent to me in a week after order. The other I got a week after I ordered. The J pins were sent to me special order finally when Armalite got them. That was beyond Quantico Control.

I then ordered 2 AR10T uppers one was in stock and I got at a discount price.
The other which was in 300RUSM was made by Armalite and I got it within 3 weeks from the time my order was sent in.

Walter kept me informed of what was going on and was willing to ship the 308 AR10T upper and then the 300 later if I wanted. I also got the Stocks for the AR10 Lowers from Quantico. Buffer spring, Tube and Buffer all within a week of my order being placed.
Now I have had no problems with Quantico they are usually prompt keeps you informed answers e-mails. I have never done business with Botac but bashing is not the way to go.
These quys have been A-1 dedicated to AR15.com members as well has the military that they supply.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Several months ago, we were ordering, and selling, substantial quantities of Eagle Arms receivers for  $75/ea.   We advertised this as a "special", and the "special" ran for about four months.  THOUSANDS of people took advantage of this GREAT DEAL, others did not.  ArmaLite eventually ran out of their surplus receivers, so we ended the special.  In fact, we have not had any Eagle Arms receivers since then AT ANY PRICE!

When we ran out of receivers, we stopped all advertising for the receivers.  Our web software does not allow us to say "Out of Stock", so we "raised" the price on our website to $999.99 to signify that we were out of stock.

To say that we raised the prices is incorrect, we simply ran out of receivers.  Not one at any price.    To compare us to BOTACH is ridiculous.  

As for my guys taking orders after we ran out, that is MY fault.  I did not tell them that no more were forthcoming.  

I must say that when EVERYONE ELSE was selling their receivers for $120 or so, we were selling them for $75 and giving everyone a great deal.  Did we run out?  Of course we did.  But,  how do we get rewarded by giving people SMOKING DEALS on receivers?  Crap like being compared to BOTACH.  That is why you are unlikely to see deals like that from us in the future.  Not because we cannot offer them, but the people who do not take advantage of them start posting crap like this.

Dave Hensley

LoL..who are you fooling, why not jus say OUT OF STOCK, you wont do that because with your lil "misprint" on your ad, ppl will think its a misprint and order anyways, now they have obligated themselves to you guys and are unaware you dont have the product in stock. having to call to confirm if something is in stock is stupid. Update your website to that effect, that is my beef, you guys had "specials" on some Camelback stuff, but I had to wait months b4 I finally called and got the run around, how can you have a specials on shit you dont have in stock? simple, old bait and wait . charge the CC now, get your money and worry about customer later.

Sometimes "specials" end up costing us much more than jus money. No thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I was one of the happy cutstomers who got one of the Eagle uppers for $75 from Quantico.  I went back a few weeks later and unfortunately they were sold out. I talked to Dave or one of his employees several times by email over the next few months.  They told me they may be getting some more in, but nothing was guarenteed.  After waiting a while, I went to ADCO and picked up a RRA.  No hard feelings toward Quantico,  just business.

I have since ordered some Cav Arms furniture (desert tan) from Dave.  The stuff I wanted was not advertised on the web site, but Dave (I think it was him) went out of his way to find what I wanted, and shipped it out that day.  Excellent service..!!!

We all need to remember, these companies for the most part, are not trying to cheat us, or do us wrong.  I work for the FD, and most resturants we go into for lunch or supper want to give us a discount.  It is nice when they do this, but they don't owe us anything. We are there to eat.  The only thing that will really get me upset with a rookie, is them expecting to get money off.

I am there because they have something for sale that I want.  If you want to pay less and service or quality doesn't matter, go somewhere cheaper.  Quantico, you rank up there in my book.  Thanks for what you do....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quantico, you rank up there in my book.  Thanks for what you do....

+1

I missed the $75 sale, but have 6 lowers from them ranging from $85 to $105, which was still a steal for such HQ stuff.

I wanted one documented as a virgin lower on the transfer -- "no problem".

I emailed about a special order consecutive SN pistols, again "no problem," fast response and competative price.

Great "local gun shop" feel to the place, and they really take care of the Marines.
Semper Fi.
------

As for "Our web software does not allow us to say "Out of Stock", so we "raised" the price on our website to $999.99 to signify that we were out of stock."
and the response:
"LoL..who are you fooling, why not jus say OUT OF STOCK"
Am I missing something?  
Consistent "nines" across the board should be a clue something is up.
If not, I'll part with all of my EA lowers for $999.99 each.

As for "having to call to confirm if something is in stock is stupid."
Again, if something as a price 10x too much isn't an indication, are we really getting that cavalier purchasing an item that still requires federal and state transfer paperwork?  The option always remains to go ahead and pay full MSRP at a place that would never require a call.

Every retailer has order snafus, a fact of business and computerized order placement, inventory tracking and shipping, etc. hasn't eliminated them.  YMMV.

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
LoL..who are you fooling, why not jus say OUT OF STOCK, you wont do that because with your lil "misprint" on your ad, ppl will think its a misprint and order anyways, now they have obligated themselves to you guys and are unaware you dont have the product in stock. having to call to confirm if something is in stock is stupid. Update your website to that effect, that is my beef, you guys had "specials" on some Camelback stuff, but I had to wait months b4 I finally called and got the run around, how can you have a specials on shit you dont have in stock? simple, old bait and wait . charge the CC now, get your money and worry about customer later.

First, sorry that you "got the run around" with us.  We do as much as we can for our customers, but unfortunately, sometimes we do make mistakes.  We are human just like the people that work for any other company out there and sometimes shit happens.  I do apologize.  

As for your comment about "bait and wait, charge the CC now...", I'm officially insulted.  Quantico Arms has always had the policy of CHARGE THE CUSTOMER WHEN THE PRODUCT SHIPS!!!  That is, ships from us to the customer.  You placed an order with us.  Were you billed the same time you placed the order?  Did you get charged and then not receive the product you were looking for?  I doubt it as that is not how we do business.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quantico, you rank up there in my book.  Thanks for what you do....

+2

I've ordered from them several times and wouldn't hesitate to do so again...

I also got in on "the deal"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First, sorry that you "got the run around" with us.  We do as much as we can for our customers, but unfortunately, sometimes we do make mistakes.  We are human just like the people that work for any other company out there and sometimes shit happens.  I do apologize.  

As for your comment about "bait and wait, charge the CC now...", I'm officially insulted.  Quantico Arms has always had the policy of CHARGE THE CUSTOMER WHEN THE PRODUCT SHIPS!!!  That is, ships from us to the customer.  You placed an order with us.  Were you billed the same time you placed the order?  Did you get charged and then not receive the product you were looking for?  I doubt it as that is not how we do business.
Scott

Look,  i didnt intend this to turn into a flame fest on you guys, I was replying to the author of the thread and to let him know why he possibly ran into problems. I can state what I state due to PERSONAL experience. As far as ppl saying jus move on and dont deal with the ppl, well I dont, after my run around with those guys, I wont deal with them. For the ppl that had good experience. good for you, your the lucky ones. No company will ever make customers 100% satisfied. I guess all you can do is CALL and make sure companies have what they say on their websites.

As far as the 999.99 I understand what that means, but not everyone does.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
The problem is you can make 1000 people happy and the one person that has an issue is the first to post.  I will say that I have ordered at least 6 times from Quantico Arms and I have always been satisfied.   I just got a lower parts kit from them today that I ordered Tuesday.
I actually had an issue with a upper once that was a defect from Armalite.  Dave answered my email at 11:00pm and had a replacement my way the next day.
The $75 receiver deal was so good I jumped on it as soon as it appeared.  My dealer ordered 10 receivers that he sold in a week. (yes I bought 4 of them).   How can anyone complain when the supply runs out?  You HAD to know that wasn't going to last too long.
Quantico Arms is the best supplied Armalite dealer period.  If you don't want to miss out on a deal check the site often and buy early.  

Dave,
If you want to see the replacement upper you sent check out the customer photos on the Armalite website.  Look for the coyote.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered an Eagle Arms lower from Quantico a year ago, and my experience was very positive.  They communicted with me very well, and shipped the lower to my FFL in the time quoted.  The lower was in great shape as advertised, and I was very happy.

Sorry some of you have had different experiences than mine, but for the record I was a very happy customer of Quantico Arms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:31:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I have ordered several lowers & other items from Quantico Arms, and bought 2 rifles & 4 lowers from them in person & they have always done right by me.  Keep in mind that this is a small shop that has gotten very busy over the years and it is a wonder they can get any internet orders done as every time I was in they were all dealing with customers in the store!

Keep up the good work and don't let a few detractors get you down
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I am one of the thousands of happy customers. The only difference is that I was in Virginia and stopped by to get my lowers. Great people, great prices, and Marines to boot! Thank you for your service to our country.

Stop by if you get the chance. This is a very cool town in the middle of a Marine base. They even have a good sushi restaurant down the street.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top