Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 10:07:56 AM EDT
I am planning to build another AR and my local FFL has some eagle lowers. Any opinions? I am particularly interested in the precision which which the holes are drilled as I want a really good trigger and the RR two-stage seems to work best with accurately drilled holes.

also, any idea what the wholesale price is on this? Is there currently a shortage of lowers post ban?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Eagle has had some recent QC issues.  If you are particular about the precision.... I would go with RRA or Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I've built two AR's with them, and they worked great. No fit or finish problems. My only problem is finding them. As I just posted, Quantico is out of them, and I don't know of anybody else selling them for $80.00 a piece.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Eagle has had some recent QC issues.  If you are particular about the precision.... I would go with RRA or Bushmaster.

A big +1... No more Eagle Arms for me...

It's a few more bux but go with the Bushmaster lower.  RRA's habit of leaving their lowers narrower where the takedown lug goes into the lower so it will fit their over machined upper takedown lugs is damn annoying...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=201883

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've only had 2 Eagle lowers and had issues with both of them.  The first one had some major problems and had to be sent back for a replacement.  The second one (which was the replacement) had 2 holes drilled to deep.  One hole was the one that holds the detent and spring for the front take down pin.  The other hole was the one that holds the bolt catch spring and plunger.  I had to put a spacer in both of them to make it work.

I've put together 3 Ameetec, 2 Mega, 1 VM HyTech and 1 Colt lowers together.  None of those ever gave me problems like Eagle has.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for all the information. Based on this, I think I will pass on the eagle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]

P.S.  My Eagle lower has functioned fine on both a M16A1 upper and bushy upper.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had an Eagle and like it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I got two from Quantico earlier this year for $75 each.  Only have one assembled, but haven't put an upper on it yet.  Had no trouble getting it together.  RRA upper should be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought 4 form Quantico Arms before the QC problems, and they were great.  I had a converstion with Katrina Hensley, the owner, about the problems....Quantico had to send a whole batch of lowers back, and as a result weren't getting any new ones to sell.  This was several months back, and she indicated she hoped the problems would be solved soon, and she'd get another batch to sell.  Doesn't look like that's happened, though.  Too bad...the 4 lowers I got were first rate, and a great bargain at that price.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have built 2 AR's using Eagle Arms lowers from Armalite. 1st, I've never seen them that low in price! Dealer cost is a hair over $100 (this was 2 years ago btw). 2nd, fit and finish were great, one is a .50 beowulf and the other was just built on Sept 15. The .50 has about 500+ rounds through it and never a problem. Did someting happen at Armalite that I don't know about??? I do have an AR10 that hasnt worked right since day one though. The other 6 work great!!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top