Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 12:40:32 PM EDT
Hi:

I am just about ready to send off my upper to have the carry handle taken off and an new red dot rail put on.  Have any of you done this before?  What red dot sight do you recommend?  The company said they sell a Vultra Red dot scope.  Does anyone know what these look like?  Please let me know before I send in my rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just add a new flat top upper, and sell your current upper?

With optics, you get what you pay for.  If you just want a fun blaster... then the $50 BSA/Blazer/Simmons 42mm sights aint bad.  If you want something a little more serious, move to the ~$200 ATN ultra sights and similar.  For a *real* dot sight, Aimpoint Comp M2/ML2.  There is no substitute for a non-magnified dot sight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking of still using my old iron sights as a back up.  What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen that.... I guess if it comes out to be close in place as a flat-top plus buis minus selling A2 upper, then that wouldnt be bad.  Just not for me.  I'd rather have the flat top so I can play with different rear buis, and I like flip up BUIS anyway... some prefer full time BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top