Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 10:49:38 AM EDT
Hi all,
I am about to do my first barrell and free float tube installation.  I read the great post here on how to do the install, but I have a question.  Is the delta ring, spring and snap-ring not used to install a free float tube?  Do they go insided the ff tube barrell nut or are they not needed at all?
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Gotta remove the delta ring assembly and the barrel nut as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi all,
I am about to do my first barrell and free float tube installation.  I read the great post here on how to do the install, but I have a question.  Is the delta ring, spring and snap-ring not used to install a free float tube?  Do they go insided the ff tube barrell nut or are they not needed at all?
Thanks for your help.

Hopefully youve got the tools to do it with (Im sure you do)
The Delta ring,or the stock barrell nut is not used with the free floating tube,usually,the free float tube comes with its own barrel nut----be advised----the barrel nut that comes with the free float tube is different than a standard barrel nut ,the barrel nut that comes with the tube has threads on the outside so you can screw the tube in place after installation of the barrel to the upper reciever, Im sure that you are aware of this aslo(there are specs you may want to follow)---------hope that this helps
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top