Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:12:01 AM EDT
Has anybody ever attempted to build a pistol on an AR47 receiver? Wondering if there are reasons this woulld not work?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure... lots of us are building them!  Look at the AK forum!

Mine is basically done except stupid me broke a tap and I need to make one of my front trunion holes a little larger and rethread it for a slightly larger button head screw....

I am building my AK pistol on an OOW AK receiver and I am using an AMD-65 parts kit...  

More Details

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quarterbore he said AR47, not AK47

I don't think anyone has done one but sounds kinda neat!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
OOOpppssss!!!

Personally, as many problems people are having with AR-15 pistols... I won't bother with an AR-47 as at least with the AR-15 you can swap parts around and the cost isn't too bad... The mods needed for the AR-47 would make that a real PITA.... Go with an AMD-65 pistol as at least those will work!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top