Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:44:29 PM EDT
I have never had trouble removing this roll pin until now.  This one roll pin in particular will not come out.  I have damaged 2 roll pin puches (one from Lyman and one from Brownell's just to let you know the Lyman's one is much stonger) and have not been able to budge the pin.  Any suggestions on how to get it out?  I will try anything.  I have already gone nuts and started to dremel off the gas block (bushmaster milled) but stopped b/c I did not want to damage the barrel b/c I had the wrong size cutting attachment.  Should I try a propane torch?  Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I asume you wish to remove the barrel.....  just "knock" the (2) sight base pins and move the gas block/sight base forward enough to un-tube the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a great idea and did not even thik about it before I started cutting on the gas block.  I did try to take ot the pins but could not.  Maybe I will order the tool from Brownell.s to do it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
ADCO sells a tool to remove the gas tube roll pin. It was around $5 and works well. It is not very effective at driving a new pin back in to replace the one you took out. I was able to drive it halfway in, and then had to use a small nail to finish the job.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top